The Europa World Year Book 2014
Globally renowned for its accuracy, consistency and reliability, the Europa World Year Book 2014 is your source for detailed country surveys containing the latest analytical, statistical and directory information for over 250 countries and territories.
For more than eighty years since its first publication, the Europa World Year Book has been the premier source of contemporary political and socio-economic analysis for library reference shelves, offering timely information with a global reach.
The Europa World Year Book 2014 is also available online as an authoritative and regularly-updated digital resource. For more information, please visit: www.europaworld.com
New content for 2014 includes:- : coverage of the coming to power of a transitional Government in Ukraine, following the impeachment of President Viktor Yanukovych, and the subsequent Russian annexation of the country’:s Crimean peninsula
- detailed accounts of the internal conflict and escalating humanitarian disaster in Syria, and the replacement of Egypt’:s elected Islamist authorities by a military-backed interim administration
- expanded and enhanced statistical coverage of the fledgling states of South Sudan and the Dutch Caribbean, and more detailed data on trade by commodities for many countries
- protests across Brazil at perceived economic and social inequalities in advance of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the October elections, and the re-election of Michelle Bachelet to the Chilean presidency
- coverage of the rising tensions in the territorial dispute between China and Japan in the East China Sea, and details of the political crisis in Thailand
- details of the ongoing political battles in the US Congress over the federal budget deficit, and the launch of President Obama’:s health care reforms: and the preparations for the US withdrawal from Afghanistan
- the escalation of inter-religious fighting in the Central African Republic, and events leading to the appointment of Catherine Samba-Panza as the country’:s new Interim President
- developments around the formation of two `grand coalitions’: in Austria and Germany, and the accession to the Italian premiership of the young former mayor of Florence Matteo Renzi
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Post-mortems: What to Look for and How to Make Them With Sections on Infanticide, Poisons, Malformations, Etc